17 November 2022 – Nominations open
23 February 2023 – Nominations close
23 March 2023 – The voting shortlist is released online and in GWI Magazine
27 March 2023 – Voting will open
20 April 2023 – Voting will close
9 May 2023 – Winners announced – Location: Estrel Berlin
How the Nomination Process Works
Nominations for the Global Water Awards open on November 17th 2022. Nominations are open to everyone. Anyone (as an individual or on behalf of a company) can nominate a company, project, plant, technology, deal or initiative to be recognised by the Global Water Awards. Individuals can submit nominations for themselves or others. Individuals can nominate in as many categories as they want, and nominate multiple times in each category. All nominee applications are made on a confidential basis.
- Nominations can only be submitted via the awards nomination forms (visit the ‘Nominations Hub‘). Do not submit nominations via email , they will not be acknowledged.*
- Nominations must be submitted in English. We cannot consider non-english language nominations.
- A 200 word summary description must be submitted with each nomination (see summary field on nomination form) this must include specific and quantifiable information that will allow us to evaluate your nomination against others. Please summarise what is unique or special about this entry, and why you believe it should be considered for a Global Water Award. Nominations that do not include a summary or do not fulfil the terms above will not be considered.
- When submitting supplementary material (photos, pdfs, maps etc.) via email, please include the name of the category you are nominating in, in the email subject line.
- Do not nominate the same plant/project/company multiple times in the same category, this will not increase your chances of being included on the short list. This is a nominations process, not a voting process. Please co-ordinate with your co-workers to submit one nomination per plant/project/company per category. Nominating two different projects/plants in the same category, or nominating different projects/plants in different categories is welcome.
*N.B. Chinese companies wishing to nominate may submit nominations via email: email@example.com
Criteria for Nominations
Entering a nomination for the Global Water Awards 2023: criteria and guidelines
Criteria for nominations (For all categories except The Water Leaders Award):
- The company, project, or initiative must be able to demonstrate a significant contribution to the water industry. Specific factors to highlight are: improved operations and energy efficiency, technological innovation and the implementation of sustainable financial models.
- The outcomes of the project or initiative must have been reported in 2022.
Guidelines for sending nominations:
- Nominated Company/Project/Deal:
- Lead company name (when nominating a project/initiative/plant):
- Contact name:
- Contact telephone number (please include country dialing code):
- Contact email address:
- Please summarize, in no more than 200 words, what is unique or special about this entry, and why you believe it should be considered for a Global Water Award. Supplementary material (photos, pdfs, maps etc.) can be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Global Water Awards shortlisting process is the procedure by which the pool of nominations submitted in the open nomination phase are examined by a panel of independent experts who shortlist the entries and compile them into award categories. Shortlisting begins after nominations have closed. The shortlist is announced in Global Water Intelligence Magazine and online. The panel of experts is not commercially linked to, or associated with any of the companies or projects nominated, or to the award hosts or sponsors.
Terms and Conditions
Votes are cast using a unique URL which is distributed via email to the following eligible parties:
- Subscribed readers of Global Water Intelligence magazine*
- Subscribed readers of the Water Desalination Report*
- Subscribed users of GWI WaterData*
- Once. One vote, per person, per category.
- Belonging to more than one of the eligible groups (see: Who can vote) does not result in more voting power. The limit is always 1 vote per person per category.
- A subscribed reader is a named person that receives access to a GWI publication. A subscribed reader will have one vote for each Award category.
- A Single Licence Subscription includes up to 10 named readers = up to 10 voters.
- A Global Licence Subscription, no matter how many named readers it has, is restricted to 50 voters. This is to eliminate unfair advantage for the largest companies.
No single company can receive more than 50 votes, it does not matter how many subscribers or early bird registered delegates you have, no single company is eligible for more than 50 votes.
- That your subscriptions to GWI magazine and/or Water Desalination Report and/or GWI WaterData will be current in 2023.
- *That the list of named readers on your Subscription documentation (up to 10 named readers per Single Licence Subscription) is up to date. Please check your named reader list NOW. To update your list please contact customer services
- Whether you might wish to upgrade to a Global Licence Subscription should your Single Licence Subscription be insufficient.
- That the person reading this website information (you) conveys these rules to interested colleagues.