We have been continuing to monitor the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic in the months since we announced the initial postponement of the 2020 Global Water Summit.
Regrettably, we have carried out considerable research into official Spanish guidance surrounding large gatherings and events and have established that it will not be possible to host the Global Water Summit in Madrid in August/September as planned.
Additionally, in view of the continued risk to public health and the international travel restrictions and quarantines that are being introduced, we have decided to postpone the event until May 2021 to allow as much time as possible for the global situation to improve.
The Global Water Summit 2021 will now take place on 16th – 18th May 2021 at the Novotel Madrid Center. Visit the Global Water Summit website to find out more.
What does that mean for the 2020 Global Water Awards?
The Global Water Awards recognise the successes of companies, technologies, projects, deals and plants for the calendar year 2019. Voting for this year’s awards was completed earlier this year, and we believe that it is only right that the 2020 Global Water Awards are awarded in 2020. Sadly, we are unable to do this in person at the Global Water Summit, however, we are excited to announce that instead, we will be celebrating the 12 Global Water Awards winners online.
Starting each week from the 23rd July, we will present the awards for one category every Thursday for 12 weeks via the GWI Weekly Briefing, as well as at globalwaterawards.com, and on LinkedIn and Twitter, culminating in the announcement of the winner of 2020 Water Company of the Year on the 8th of October 2020. You can see the full schedule below.
- July 23rd – 2020 Water Leaders Award
- July 30th – Water Deal of the Year
- Aug 6th – Smart Water Project of the Year
- Aug 13th – Industrial Project of the Year
- Aug 20th – Wastewater Project of the Year
- Aug 27th – Water Project of the Year
- Sep 3rd – Desalination Plant of the Year
- Sep 10th – Public Water Agency of the Year
- Sep 17th – Breakthrough Tech Company of the Year
- Sep 24th – Water Technology Company of the Year
- Oct 1st – Desalination Company of the Year
- Oct 8th – Water Company of the Year
In the coming weeks we will be notifying the 4 shortlisted companies for each category so that together we can prepare to announce the winners and runners up for each of the 2020 Global Water Awards.
If you do not hear from us, please reach out to email@example.com.